These baked mollusks excite your senses and are a cinch to make. Whip them up to enjoy by themselves, or wow your friends by showing up to a shin-dig with these tasty treats!
- 2 jars oysters
- 2 large bags fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb bacon - cooked, crisp and in bits
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons anise liquor
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- grated cheese (Feta, manouri)
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cook, drain and chop spinach. Sautee onion in butter, then add to spinach.
- Cook bacon until crispy, drain well. Layer spinach mixture in a casserole, then oysters, bacon, cheese, garlic and breadcrumbs. Put one more layer of cheese, then drizzle with cream (1/4 cup) followed by melted butter.
- Sprinkle the whole casserole with anise liquor, then bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.