Scrumptious pork turnovers will tantalize your taste buds.
- 8 cured pork loin steaks – trimmed of fat
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry – thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¾ cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 lemon rind – grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425. Pound steaks between wax paper, then season with pepper. Mix stuffing, adding enough of the butter to bind stuffing. Spread stuffing on 4 steaks to within 1/2 inches of edge of steak. Cover with remaining meat.
- Cut sheets of pastry into 2 equal pieces. Roll out each piece on floured surface to an even 10” square. Trim edge of each square. Mix egg and water, then brush each pastry to edges. Wrap meat in pocket then seal edges. Make 3 slits on top and brush with egg mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes.