Blackberry and Apple Jam
Originally from England B&B (1976)
- 2 pounds berries
- ½ pint water
- ¾ pounds peeled, cored and sliced cooking apples
- 3 pounds sugar
- Wash blackberries thoroughly, then gently simmer them in ¼ pint of the water until soft. Rub them through sieve to remove seeds.
- Place apples, ¼ pint water and sieved blackberries in saucepan and cook until soft. Add sugar and continue to cook, slowly stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil fruit rapidly for about 10 minutes until setting point is reached.
- Ladle jam into heated jam jars, filling them right to the brim, and cover with waxed paper discs. Leave to cool.
- Bottle and store.