Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Fantastically scrumptious and chewy to boot, these cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Then stir in vanilla to the mixture. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda; stir into creamed mixture. Add oats, nuts and chocolate chips, stir until completely integrated.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes and cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.