Cranberry Lemon Cheesecake
This recipe takes over a day to make, but it's well worth it!
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 5 Eight ounce packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs, whole
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine ingredients and pat into a 9” spring-form pan (cover bottom and slightly up the sides)
- Blend cheese, sugar, flour, peels and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs one at a time. Blend in cream, then pour into prepared crust. Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 6 minutes and then reduce heat to 200 degrees and continue to bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Cake will jiggle but harden as it cools. Chill overnight.
- Combine cranberries, 1 cup of the sugar, water, lemon juice and peels in a saucepan, boiling for 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup sugar and cornstarch blended together to mixture. Cook and stir until thickened, then allow to cool. Spread over cake before serving.