English Toffee Cookies
Toffee! On Cookies! What more do you need to know?!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk, mix thoroughly and add flour sifted with cinnamon.
- Spread dough over entire surface of 10” by 15” greased cookie sheet.
- Beat egg white slightly and spread over cookie dough. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake for 1 hour, then cut into 1 1/2” squares while still hot.