Puffy and tasty, this pancake recipe makes for a fantastic breakfast when paired with fresh berries! It comes from the Junior League of San Francisco's "San Francisco Encore cookbook", 1986 edition. Thanks Deidre!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (4 oz) butter - you can get away with much less like 1/3 of a stick
- 1 basket fresh strawberries, sliced (or other berry mixture, peaches, etc.)
- 2 table spoons more orange juice
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. With a mixer (by hand or by blender), mix eggs, milk, orange juice, flour, sugar and salt until well blended.
- Place butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Heat in oven until bubbly but not brown. Pour the batter over the sizzling butter. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and brown.
- While pancake is baking, heat the strawberries in a small saucepan until hot. Add sugar if needed and stir in the orange juice (2 tbsp.) and cook until slightly thickened.
- Remove the pancake from the oven. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately with the warm strawberries. The pancake falls quickly after it is out of the oven.