Requested recipe by Beverly Smyrnos via the San Francisco Chronicle.
- 3 cups sesame seeds, hulled or un-hulled
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (or to taste)
- 7 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- In food processor blend seeds at highest speed until a paste forms.
- Add sesame oil, starting with ½ the amount and then adding more as it becomes necessary. Continue blending, adding honey, vanilla and salt.
- Press mixture into 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan lined with parchment paper, then chill.