Lemon Pudding Cake
Lemon and pudding in cake form. What more do you need to know?!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sifted flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (only the yellow part - the white stuff is bitter)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 well-beaten egg yolks
- 3 stiffly-beaten egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, a dash of salt, and flour; Stir in melted butter, lemon peel, and juice. Separate egg whites from yolks.
- Combine milk and egg yolks; add to lemon mixture. Stiffly beat egg whites until they hold a peak, Fold in (do not stir) egg whites, into the lemon mixture, Pour into 8x8x2 inch baking pan. Place in larger pan on baking rack.
- Pour hot water into larger pan 1 inch deep. Back at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- If desired, serve warm or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream - Center of cake will be soft and puddingy. YUM!