New York Style Cheesecake
From the Frugal Gourmet and shared by Beverly Smyrnos in the San Francisco Chronicle.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound cream cheese, broken into small pieces
Photo courtesy of zingyyellow, copyright information can be viewed here:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend cracker crumbs, ¼ cup sugar and ¼ cup melted butter, then line bottom of 8 or 9” un-greased spring form pan.
- Blend sour cream, ¼ cup sugar, eggs and vanilla in food blender for 1 minute. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter through the top of the blender and blend, then pour mixture into spring form pan.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 45 minutes.
- When baking is finished, remove from oven and turn oven on broil. Broil cheesecake just until top begins to showing spots of brown.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, preferably over night, before cutting and serving.