Rhubarb Custard Pie ala Patti
Rhubarb pie may not be for everyone, but this recipe will create converts!
- 2 crust pie pastry
- 4 cups rhubarb, cut into ½ inch slices
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ cup nutmeg (Emily’s note: I’m dubious you’re supposed to use this much, but that’s what the recipe card says… Perhaps start with less and adjust according to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 9 inch pie pan with crust. Place rhubarb into pie shell.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, sugar, flour and nutmeg until smooth. Pour custard mix over rhubarb in pie shell, cover with top crust and cut slits in top crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.