To Die For Chocolate Cake
Also known as "Model's Nightmare", this dense and rich torte will coat your senses in chocolate!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/2 cup super-fine sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat, remove as soon as it's all melted. Cool slightly, then stir in flour.
- Add 3 egg yolks to mixture, stir and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until stiff while gradually adding sugar. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites until blended. Prep a spring form pan by buttering well, then coating with flour or dry cocoa.
- Gently pour entire mixture into a prepared spring form pan. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. The top will rise and crack, it's ok! :)
- Remove pan to rack and cool before removing side.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 3 tablespoons corn syrup and 3 tablespoons butter. Pour over cooled cake to coat, allow to cool and enjoy!