Elinors Spaghetti Sauce
A simple spaghetti sauce that's delicious and easy to make.
- 1 large green pepper - chopped
- 2 medium yellow or white onions - chopped
- 4-5 stalks of celery - chopped
- 6 cans tomato sauce
- 2 cans of burgundy
- 1 lb. of hamburger meat
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- oregano to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Sautee green pepper, onions and celery in olive oil until barely brown.
- Chop about 6 cloves of garlic fine and mix about 1/2 of it with meat (hamburger - probably about 1 lb.). Mix in a small amount of oregano and make into meatballs.
- Sautee meatballs in olive oil (left over in pan from vegetables). Brown meatballs, do not over cook. Take meatballs out of the pan and drain olive oil from the pan.
- Add 6 cans of tomato sauce, 2 cans of burgundy and 4 cans of water. Add sauteed vegetables, a "shake" of red pepper flakes, NO SALT, some oregano, 4 bay leaves, the rest of the garlic and the meatballs.
- Cover and stir occasionally - cook on a low flame for about 6 hours.