Lemon Chicken with Bulgur
Hearty entree for a cold night.
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 broiler fryer chicken – skinned and cut up
- 1 cup dry bulgur (makes 3 cups when cooked)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 medium onions – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cups boiling chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat margarine and oil, then add chicken and brown. Season with salt and pepper, then remove to large casserole.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet. Stir to cook until translucent.
- Add bulgur to skillet, stirring to coat and browning slightly. Add spices, lemon rind and juice to bulgur, then mix.
- Spoon bulgur on top of chicken, then pour broth over chicken and bulgur.
- Cover entire pan and bake at 350 degrees for an hour.