Tasty side dish sprinkled with shrimp.
- 1 ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 28 ounce can chopped tomatoes with juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb medium sized shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 cup orzo
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for about 3 ½ minutes or until soft. Add wine and boil for one minute. Add tomatoes, parsley, capers, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring for 2 ½ minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Cook orzo for 5 – 7 minutes, then drain and toss with tomato shrimp sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and feta.
- Bake 10 minutes or until feta is bubbly.