Delicious, filling and super quick to make! This two bean side dish is perfect for any occasion.
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 2 cans kidney beans
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- Open cans of beans and rinse in a strainer, making sure to toss under the faucet to remove all the canned gunk.
- Once you've rinsed the beans thoroughly, give them a good shake to remove excess water. Then place in a bowl. Take your olive oil and pour over beans until about the oil fills about half of the bowl. Now grab your vinegar and drench the beans the rest of the way up. You should have a good mix that will allow the beans to be completely soaking in oil & vinegar.
- Now take your oregano and liberally pour onto mixture (I aim for about 3 tablespoons at least). Then add salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Let sit in the fridge until chilled, preferably over night to allow the beans to soak up the flavor. The great thing about this dish is that as you eat the beans, you still have the sauce left over. Keep adding new beans to the remaining sauce and you're back in business!
- You might notice the bean mixture can get solidified when refrigerated. This is the olive oil doing it's thing. Just take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before you plan on eating/serving to allow time for the oil to get to room temperature.