Twice baked taters
Mmmmmmm! Potatoes with toppings are delicious, but bake them twice and you're in heaven!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and scrub potatoes, poke holes with a fork to allow steam to escape during cooking. Cook for one hour in oven.
- Let potatoes cool slightly, then cut in half and scoop out pulp within 1/4 inch of the shell edge. Mash the pulp with milk, salt, pepper, garlic, cheese and butter to taste. Stuff shells with mashed pulp mixture and sprinkle with grated Parmesan and cheddar cheeses. Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.